A playground has become one of the basic necessities of every type of school now a day, be it a preschool, primary or secondary school. And a playground is not complete without installing equipment based on the children’s age group it is going to cater. Every school start-up has started allocating a budget for these things early on. This has become a kind of fixed cost. And when a school has students starting from nursery to secondary schooling the playground equipment defers for each stage. Deciding on the preschool playground equipment is a difficult task and plays an important role as most of the cognitive development happens at this age and they children start getting used to the idea of playing with peers.
How to choose the perfect playground equipment
It has become mandatory for all schools to have a playground and equipment to help children get physical activity and make them stay fit. And there is a lot that children learn from play apart from the physical activity. It is equally important as the academics.
- Models – Playground equipment has come a long way since the concept started. The quality and models have evolved. There have been various studies and observations made over the years to understand the requirement and the changes that had to be made from time to time depending on the advancement in the generations and also in sports. So the equipment used should be what is latest and caters to the desired age group. You could jolly well place it, and many more pieces that may not make instant sense, but to brighten up the entire place.
- The materials used for the equipment’s – Today’s playgrounds have a lot of activities that help develop and build skills in the individual children. The development in the materials industry has helped make the playgrounds of today more safe and they are able to withstand the climatic changes and wear and tear.
- Space – the equipment that is selected should be able to fit in the desired space and if possible space saving. Compact but well-designed equipment allows many children to be able to play at a time and also allows other equipment to be placed in the remaining space.
- Consider special needs – The playgrounds should be planned keeping in mind the children with physical and mental challenges. You should have provision for allowing them to enter the play area and also specially designed equipment with which they can play
- Budget – this is one of the biggest deciding factors. Preschool playground equipment can be installed in a few thousands to hundreds of thousands. So it depends on what is your requirement as well as how much are you willing to invest on them. Budget does not mean just the monetary aspect but also means the space available.
There are various other variable factors that decide the equipment that you choose for your school playground but these form the basic criteria. Get the best ones now.