Want to give a much needed boost to your career, or you are willing to give yourself an international exposure in a specific industry. Then moving to Canada can be a great choice for you. Canada provides high standard of living that is most sought after by the people looking to migrate. It is a land with myriad options that can give lot opportunities for you to flourish and grow. With healthy competitive environment, you can get a lot of much needed experience to boost your career graph. To boost its own economy and to attract talent from across the globe, the Government of Canada has many immigration programs for skilled workers.
The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Immigration is used by Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to evaluate the points scored by each applicant.
The Express Entry program by The Government of Canada is to attract skilled workforce from different territories and provinces of the world. Skilled workers can apply through any one of the three programs that fall under the Express Entry Program as follows:
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canadian Experience class
The first step in the process of immigration is to fill in the application form that includes all the relevant information about you like your personal information and your career path.
Mandatory fields of Canada point calculator
Canada citizenship points calculator has the following fields for which points are awarded as allocated by the CRS.
- Highest level of education
- Degree, diploma or certificate from any Canadian University
- English proficiency (read, speak, listen, write)
- French proficiency (read, speak, listen, write)
Skilled Work Experience
- Number of years of full time work experience (30 hours per week or equivalent part-time). Skilled work experience that has been obtained outside of Canada with in last 10 years.
- Number of years of full time (30 hours per week or equivalent part-time). Continuous Skilled work experience that one has obtained inside of Canada with in the last 10 years.
- Marital status
- Siblings, who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and should be 18 years of age or older.
- Work experience as a skilled trade person on a full time or an equivalent part time for at least two years in past five years.
- Whether or not you have trades Certificate or Qualifications issued by Canadian Province or Territory.
- Whether or not you have applied for or received a Nomination Certificate from a Canadian Province or Territory.
- Skilled job offer from a Canadian employer
- Country of residence
- Name, email and phone number
The economy of each and every province of Canada is in need of particular set of workforce with specific skill set. This entirely depends upon the local labour need of the area. Applicants of the Express Entry Pool can get selected by these provinces or territories. The eligible candidate gets the invitation to apply by such states.