If you think that you can just forgo a simple chip or ding on your windshield, you are wrong. Auto-glass experts always remind car owners to have their windshields checked and repaired if they encounter any similar problems. However, it is a common mistake that car owners continue to commit. They think that a chip or a ding is not something that they should worry about.
Different Types Of Windshields
When it comes to windshield glass, it is very important that you choose the best one for your vehicle. However, there are three different types of windshield glass for you to choose from. Here is the difference of each to help you make the right decision:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). The parts used are certified “genuine” by the manufacturer. The OEM windshield glass is the same as what the vehicle had when it first came out.
- Dealer Glass. This glass is directly purchased from the auto-dealer that is authorized by the manufacturer to service your car. The glass is always from the same original equipment manufacturer or OEM who made the original glass of the car when it was new.
- Aftermarket Glass. This glass is usually manufactured by companies that have a direct contract with the manufacturer of the vehicle. They are made to be the exact same as the OEM or the dealer glass. They are considered as the “original equipment equivalent.”They are less expensive but they have the same thickness as the original glass that was initially installed in your vehicle. It also comes with the same guarantee as to the OEM or the dealer glass.
Why You Should Not Wait!
Now that you know the different types of windshield glass that you can use, it is time for you to understand why it is very important to have your windshield fixed right away. If it cannot be fixed, if the damage is too huge for repair, you have the three windshield glass options to choose above. Here are some of the reasons why you should never wait for your windshield to get fixed:
- Safety And Visibility. Aside from that, driving with a broken windshield can be a potential problem. Even if the damaged area is a small one, it can decrease visibility. When you take this for granted, it can compromise not only the integrity of the glass but also the safety of the driver and his or her passengers.
- Prevent Damage From Getting Worse. If you have the windshield crack or chip fixed as soon as possible, you are preventing it from getting worse. Remember that it is more expensive to replace an entire windshield glass than have the chip repaired. This is why it is very important to have it fixed right away to avoid bigger problems in the future.
- Your Insurance Coverage. Most of the comprehensive car insurance nowadays covers any scratches or cracks on a car’s windshield. If the windshield is damaged because of an accident, you are covered by your collision insurance for the repairs and possible replacements. In fact, the deductible can be possibly waived. So visit https://www.donsmobileglass.com/tracy-auto-glass-repair-windshield-replacement/ today and find out your options.
When it comes to your windshield, your safety is at stake here. Accidents are inevitable, but serious injuries can be prevented if you have done your responsibility to ensure that your car, especially your windshield is in top shape. So never take this for granted!