Being a human, every single person on this earth is entitled to receive an equal amount of freedom and respect. Nobody is allowed to discriminate against you based on your skin, race, color, religion, culture, language, ethnicity, and nationality. Everyone is equal in the eyes of the law. And nobody in this entire universe has the right to take away your fundamental rights from you that are given to you by the constitution of your country. Human rights are the rights that are inherent to all human beings from the moment they are born.
About this organization-
- Human rights first are a nonpartisan, an international human rights organization that is based in New York City and Washington D.C. as well as independent advocacy.
- It is formerly known as the Lawyers Committee for International Human Rights.
- The organization was formed in 1978. The motto of this organization is American ideals and universal values.
- This organization was created for the protection of people whose rights were infringed upon and oppressed by those who have prejudiced opinions or misuse their power.
- They protect the rights of people who are at risk, are being discriminated against due to any reason, and are facing any crimes against humanity.
What does HRF do?
The organization works for holding the governments of all the countries accountable for the enforcement of human rights. They sponsor campaigns on several concerns throughout the globe to make people aware of their rights. The human rights first organization works internationally for the citizens of all the countries. It aims to promote laws and policies that protect the universal liberty of all the individuals regardless of any factor like race, color, nationality, etc., except that they are humans. They even criticize the policies in the countries that they find unjust any way.
The quintessence objective of this non-profit organization is to protect the rights of all the individuals throughout the world and to ensure that everyone is being treated equally without facing any unjust in any way. This organization challenges the governments of the countries to live up to their ideals.
They believe that American leadership is essential in the struggle for human rights throughout the earth. So, they compel the U.S. government and private companies to abide by the law and respect the rights of all individuals. Their main focus is to create a difference in the minds of the oppressors. They are working for this cause for almost four decades.
This organization is important to tell people that they cannot treat anyone badly and take away their rights from them. Every human has an equal right to live their life as they want without being patronized by any other person.